Horrifying Movie Set Accidents

Tin Man's Collapsed Lung 1 of 16

After landing the role of the Tin Man in the 1939 film 'The Wizard of Oz,' actor Buddy Ebsen quickly discovered that he was allergic to the makeup used for his costume, and after inhaling the substance for ten days of shooting, he ended up in the hospital with a collapsed lung. He suffered from breathing issues for the rest of his life, and Jack Haley took over the role believing that his predecessor had simply been fired.

Click through to learn about 14 other tragic movie set accidents!

 

Recommended For You